ISOL Sources Its Inspiration From Swami Vivekananda
[…]first make the people of the country stand on their legs by rousing their inner power, first let them learn to have good food and clothes and plenty of enjoyment – and then tell them how to be free from the bondage of enjoyment.” Writing to his fellow disciples in 1899 he wrote, “… we want that energy, that love of independence, that spirit of self-sacrifice, that immovable fortitude, that dexterity in action, that bond of unity of purpose, that thirst for improvement” (Complete Works of Swami Vivekananda, Volume V).
ISOL Recently celebrated the 15o years of the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekanandan with,
- ISOL Foundation in its 4th International Conference on Integrating Spirituality and Organizational Leadership (January 10-12, 2013) that concluded on January 12, 2013 celebrated the 150th anniversary of Swami Vivekananda by hosting:
- Special Session on Spirituality & Entrepreneurship as Envisaged by Swami Vivekananda
- Extensive Panel Discussions on:
- Spirituality and Conscious Social Entrepreneurship
- Spirituality and Social Transformation
- Spirituality for Social Innovation and Social Change: Reaching the Bottom of Pyramid
For further reading, here is a recent publication exploring The Foundations of Indian Management as Envisaged by Swami Vivekananda.